Welcome to Little Chestnuts Nursery
Chestnut Lane's Nursery, Little Chestnuts, is open to children who turn four during the academic year.
Little Chestnuts runs Monday to Friday during term time and parents may choose to book morning, afternoon or all day sessions.
|Morning||8.45am to 11.45am|
|Afternoon||12 noon to 3pm|
|All day||8.45am to 3pm|
For children to fully participate in Little Chestnuts they should attend at least two sessions each week.
We are delighted to offer:
· an outstanding standard of Early Years education (as recognised by Ofsted)
· small class size (maximum 26 in a session, but has been under 10) with a fully qualified teacher and support assistant
· activities such as art and craft, cookery, computer, sand and water play, painting and music as well as literacy and numeracy games on a daily basis
· access to our own fully enclosed garden, complete with shaded and sensory gardens, a play house, growing areas and a wealth of play resources
· daily use of large recently refurbished school playground with its climbing equipment, slide and shed full of bikes, balls, scooters, etc.
· chance to mix socially with the same group of children they will be in Reception with (if they are allocated a place into Chestnut Lane School)
· P.E. once or twice a week in the school hall or outside
· an opportunity to join in with whole school events
· a range of trips, shows and workshops
Every child is entitled to 15 hours of free education each week funded by the local authority. In addition, from September 2017 some parents may be entitled up to claim a further 15 hours each week provided they meet criteria specified by the government.
Parents can receive information about childcare schemes by registering at:
If you think you may be entitled to the additional funding please contact the school office at the time of application.
Where a child attends more sessions than their free weekly entitlement each additional session will be charged at £18.00. A session is a morning or afternoon. A full day is charged at £36.00.
Children that stay for lunch may bring a packed lunch or parents may purchase a hot meal from our caterers.
The Nursery follows the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Unfortunately a place at our Nursery does not guarantee the offer of a school place, as school places are allocated by the local authority and we have no influence on this process.
To apply please complete and submit the Nursery Application Form below.
Please see the admissions section regarding our admissions policy.