Welcome to Little Chestnuts Nursery
Chestnut Lane's Nursery, Little Chestnuts, is open to children who turn four during the academic year.
Little Chestnuts runs Monday to Friday during term time and parents may choose to book morning, afternoon or all day sessions.
Morning: 8.45am to 11.45am
Afternoon: 11.45am to 3pm
All day: 8.45am to 3pm
For children to fully participate in Little Chestnuts we recommend they attend four or more sessions a week but as a minimum, they should attend at least two sessions each week.
We are delighted to offer:
- an outstanding standard of Early Years education (as recognised by Ofsted)
- small class size (maximum 26 in a session) with a fully qualified teacher and support assistant
- activities such as art and craft, cookery, computer, sand and water play, painting and music as well as literacy and numeracy games on a daily basis
- access to our own fully enclosed garden, complete with shaded and sensory gardens, a play house, growing areas and a wealth of play resources
- daily use of large recently refurbished school playground with its climbing equipment, slide and shed full of bikes, balls, scooters, etc.
- chance to mix socially with the same group of children they will be in Reception with (if they are allocated a place into Chestnut Lane School)
- P.E. once or twice a week in the school hall or outside
- an opportunity to join in with whole school events
- a range of trips, shows and workshops
Every child is entitled to 15 hours of free education each week funded by the local authority. In addition parents may be entitled to claim a further 15 hours each week provided they meet criteria specified by the government.
Parents can receive information about childcare schemes by registering at:
If you think you may be entitled to the additional funding please contact the school office at the time of acceptance of a place.
From September 2020 morning or afternoon sessions will be charged at £19.00 and a full day session will be £38.00.
Children that stay for lunch, or come for the afternoon session, may bring a packed lunch or parents may purchase a hot meal from our caterers.
The Nursery follows the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Unfortunately a place at our Nursery does not guarantee the offer of a school place, as school places are allocated by the local authority and we have no influence on this process.
To apply please complete and submit the Nursery Application Form below.
Please see the admissions section regarding our admissions policy.