Welcome to Little Chestnuts Preschool
Chestnut Lane's Preschool, Little Chestnuts, is open to children who turn four during the academic year.
Little Chestnuts runs Monday to Friday during term time and parents may choose to book morning, afternoon or all day sessions.
Morning: 8.45am to 11.45am
Afternoon: 11.45am to 3pm (includes lunch)
All day: 8.45am to 3pm (counts as two sessions)
For children to fully participate in Little Chestnuts we recommend they attend four or more sessions a week but as a minimum, they should attend at least two sessions each week.
We are delighted to offer:
- an outstanding standard of Early Years education (as recognised by Ofsted)
- small class size (maximum 26 in a session) with a fully qualified teacher and support assistant
- activities such as art and craft, cookery, computer, sand and water play, painting and music as well as literacy and numeracy games on a daily basis
- access to our own fully enclosed garden, complete with shaded and sensory gardens, a play house, growing areas and a wealth of play resources
- daily use of large recently refurbished school playground with its climbing equipment, slide and shed full of bikes, balls, scooters, etc.
- chance to mix socially with the same group of children they will be in Reception with (if they are allocated a place into Chestnut Lane School)
- P.E. once or twice a week in the school hall or outside
- an opportunity to join in with whole school events
- a range of trips, shows and workshops
Children can join us at the beginning of each term, and after the half term break in the autumn and spring terms. Applications to join at the:
- Beginning of Autumn Term - must be received by 30 June
- Second half of Autumn Term - must be received by 30 September
- Beginning of the Spring Term - must be received by 30 November
- Second half of the Spring Term - must be received by 10 January
- Beginning of the Summer Term - must be received 28 February
All parents are entitled to 15 hours of Universal Funding, and maybe eligible for a further 15 hours of Extended Funding each week. Please see the government website for more information: 30 hours free childcare. Each session is considered to be 3 hours. If children attend afternoon or all day sessions, the additional 15 minutes at lunchtime is funded by the school.
If you think you are entitled to the additional funding please tell the school office when accepting a place.
Where a child attends more sessions than their funded entitlement, sessions are charged at £21 per half day (morning or afternoon session) and £42 per whole day.
Children that stay all day, or come for the afternoon session, may bring a packed lunch or parents may purchase a hot meal from our caterers.
Little Chestnuts follows the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Unfortunately a place at Little Chestnuts does not guarantee the offer of a school place, as school places are allocated by the local authority and we have no influence on this process.
To apply please complete and submit the Little Chestnuts Application Form below.
Please see the admissions section regarding our admissions policy.